XMailforum is a readonly knowledge archive now.

Registering as a new user or answering posts is not possible anymore.

Might the force be with you, to find here what you are looking for.

2019-09-20 - hschneider, Admin

Cookie Disclaimer: This forum uses only essential, anonymous session cookies (xmailforum*), nothing to be scared of.

XMail Forum -> Custmapslist Rejecting Yahoo Email

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Custmapslist Rejecting Yahoo Email
ciuly
Posted: Mar 27 2010, 08:04 PM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 1843

I enabled CustMapsList today with the following values:
"CustMapsList" "zen.spamhaus.org.:0,sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org.:0,combined.njabl.org.:0,bl.spamcop.net.:0,list.dbsl.org.:0"
and I cannot seem to get email from yahoo anymore (haven't tested other email services)

I get error "551 Server access forbidden by your IP" in error reply. smpt log shows: SNDRIP=EIPMAP (list.dbsl.org)

is this a known issue with the list.dbsl.org ?

--------------------
I hate looking up all this information every time I create a new topic so here goes:
I'm running XMail v 1.26 on linux centos 5 CLI-only kernel 2.6.18-194.32.1.el5 with filters.out having one filter, filters.post-data having 5 custom filters (first one SA), filters.pre-data having 2 custom filters and SA v 3.3.1 running on Perl v 5.8.8 with a weekly crontab entry for sa-update
PMUsers WebsiteYahoo
jobber_jobber
Posted: Mar 28 2010, 11:54 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 1307

DBSL.ORG no longer exists.

The google cache has the old home page in it, for now anyway

dbsl.org from google cache

If the cache has been replaced by the time you read this message, the last entry on the website said:

DSBL is GONE

DSBL is GONE and highly unlikely to return. Please remove it from your mail server configuration.

DSBL was a blocklist specialized in listing open relays and open proxies. To put it simply, DSBL listed IP addresses of computers that could be tricked into sending spam by anybody. This was a very successful strategy. Nowadays open relays and open proxies are rare, spammers hardly ever use them any more and no software seems to come with an open-by-default policy any more.

Another entry says:

DSBL's list nameservers gone
Mon, 03/09/2009 - 21:02 — riel

DSBL's list nameservers have continued to answer queries for 10 months after the list went off. From now on, DSBL list queries (to *.list.dsbl.org, *.multihop.dsbl.org and *.unconfirmed.dsbl.org) will go to the nonexistant nameserver stop-using-dsbl.dsbl.org, which resolves to the unroutable example IP address 192.0.2.1.

This should keep nameservers everywhere working like they should, while slowing down spam filters that are still using DSBL. Hopefully the annoyance of the slowdown will convince the remaining DSBL users to stop using DSBL. DNS timeouts should not cause any email to get lost.

Please stop using DSBL. The list has been empty for almost a year.

Hope that helps
PMEmail Poster
ciuly
Posted: Mar 29 2010, 07:29 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 1843

it sure does biggrin.gif

too bad it didn't cross my mind to do that search myself.

Thanks.

--------------------
I hate looking up all this information every time I create a new topic so here goes:
I'm running XMail v 1.26 on linux centos 5 CLI-only kernel 2.6.18-194.32.1.el5 with filters.out having one filter, filters.post-data having 5 custom filters (first one SA), filters.pre-data having 2 custom filters and SA v 3.3.1 running on Perl v 5.8.8 with a weekly crontab entry for sa-update
PMUsers WebsiteYahoo
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | XMail Server | Next Newest »

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll