XMailforum is a readonly knowledge archive now.

Registering as a new user or answering posts is not possible anymore.

Might the force be with you, to find here what you are looking for.

2019-09-20 - hschneider, Admin

Cookie Disclaimer: This forum uses only essential, anonymous session cookies (xmailforum*), nothing to be scared of.

XMail Forum -> Behind a port-mapping device

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Behind a port-mapping device
humlan
Posted: Nov 4 2001, 12:32 AM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 93

XMail 1.1 on Win2K
My gateway (public 217.215.74.165) portmaps the POP3 and SMTP ports to my XMail server (private 192.168.0.42). When I'm connected to the same LAN as the mailserver, I can't reach it by using its domain name "mail.hummelstrand.com" since that is "next hop" (at least that is what my colleague said was the reason for me not being able to surf or reach any service on the server by using the domainname pointing to the public IP 217.215.74.165).

I can POP locally from XMail if I set up the mailclient on my laptop with the private IP for both POP3 and SMTP servers, but then I will have to change the settings every time I want to check my mail while I'm "on the outside", i.e. when I bring my laptop to work every day.

The readme.txt mentions a number of examples of "home.bogus" domain, but I can't quite igure out if this applies to my problem.

Thanks in advance, this was my third question, I will now crawl back into my cave and wait for help... :-)
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | XMail Server | Next Newest »

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll