XMailforum is a readonly knowledge archive now.

Registering as a new user or answering posts is not possible anymore.

Might the force be with you, to find here what you are looking for.

2019-09-20 - hschneider, Admin

Cookie Disclaimer: This forum uses only essential, anonymous session cookies (xmailforum*), nothing to be scared of.

XMail Forum -> Phpxmail 0.8

Reply to this topicStart new topic

> Phpxmail 0.8, has just been released
mancini
  Posted: Feb 5 2005, 01:40 PM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 973

i am running out of ideeas for feature enhancements so feel free to suggest

find it at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/phpxmail

changelog follows :

added logs feature
improved graphics
fixed filters bug
fixed frozen messages bug
improved frozen mesagges handling
fixed user alias bug
PMEmail Poster
pierre-oord
Posted: May 9 2005, 07:04 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 876

I've got an idea: Add domain quota & max user accounts for domains, like UMPL ( http://dev.waaf.net/xmail/ )

edit:
Adding domain aliasses would be nice too smile.gif
PMEmail Poster
mancini
Posted: Aug 22 2005, 10:16 PM
Quote Post

a maximum accounts limit has been added in the just released version 1.3 , i am not sure about quotas because phpxmail is just a interface to the xmail features and such a feature is not present in xmail , plus we maintain the lines of Paul Heijman the original developer who made phpxmail simple to implement without the need of a database , but we just implemented a serverside xmail extra configurations file , and who knows

changelog from 0.8 to 1.3 folows :

2005-08-21
improved domain management: now the administrator can limits the max number of mailboxes for the postmaster - (below_zero)
improved login process: if it's needed, the user is noticed that he must enable cookies before login - (below_zero)
improved mailing list management: added a page for edit the vars of a mailinglist account - (below_zero)
improved mailing list management: added a page for edit the user rights of a mailinglist - (below_zero)
improved mailing list management: now is possible to set also the 'auth SMTP' in 'write' right of an user - (below_zero)
improved log parsing: now it's possible to empty the records into the log files - (below_zero)
improved 'mail processes' interfaces: now they use also the vertical bar | for real tabs - (below_zero)
improved 'filter file edit': now it use also the vertical bar | for real tabs (delimiting double quotes are stripped) - (below_zero)
improved 'file list' in 'server filters': an usage map for Pre/Post/In/Out filters is now shown - (below_zero)
fixed 'Filter panel control': after deleting all the filters in a Pre/Post/In/Out filter, 'Count' value was 1, now is 0 - (below_zero)
fixed security: the default value of 'Allow visitors to register a mail account' in 'phpxmail config' is now OFF - (below_zero)

2005-07-13
fixed a authentication bypass security flaw reported by Stefan Lochbihler (mancini)
fixed a bug when the login password is typed erroneously: PHPXmail hangs in a endless 'Denied Access' loop - (below_zero)
improved first start-up: the initial page is the 'Add server' page, Login is permitted only after a server is added - (below_zero)
fixed a bug when adding more than one user in a domain: the Nav-menu erroneously report him as a mailing list user - (below_zero)

2005-06-02
Fixed empty fields submitting when adding a server: now all fields must be filled - (below_zero)
added advanced log parsing of all the log files (selectable by date), error info & color highlighting - (below_zero)
fixed user menu bug (mailbox name was not shown in nav-menues) - (below_zero & phpn)
fixed an 'Auth deny' in certain circumstances when using virtual nodes in nav. caption - (below_zero)
improved mail processes interface (usergetmproc.inc & domainmproc.inc) now it's not required to delimit fields with " - (below_zero)
fixed a bug in usergetmproc.inc file (does not delete mailproc.tab when it is empty)so Xmail server loss e-mails - (below_zero)
improved graphics of 'Server Config Variables': uniformed to 'user defaults' (see below) - (below_zero)
improved graphics of 'User Defaults': Now variables are enabled toggling ON/OFF icons, disabled variables are grayed - (below_zero)
fixed a bug that does not permit to setup server parameters for those users that make a clean install of ver. 1.0 - (below_zero)
fixed Mailing List menu management (now return to 'mailboxes' instead of 'mail list' after Add or Delete an item) - (below_zero)
fixed behaviour of to shift by one position some checkbox values when deleting a variable from Server Config Variables - (below_zero)

2005-05-16
improved 'server filters': now when add a new IN-OUT-PRE-POST the filename is selectable from a list of existing files (below_zero)
improved 'advanced' user menu (now called 'user mail proc'): also 'domain mail proc' are shown, if any; added shortcut (below_zero)
improved readability of users list (now mailing list & users list are on differents pages) - (below_zero)
improved statistics for users list of a domain (if enabled) - (below_zero)
added setup of 'mail processes' also for domains (it is common to all users in a domain) - (below_zero)
added mailbox default (& mailing list default) variables selection (both global or per domain) - (below_zero)
added filters scripts file management (view, add, delete, modify) - (below_zero)
added control for Xmail configuration file SMTP.IPMAP.TAB (global access) - (below_zero)
added control for Xmail configuration file POP3.IPMAP.TAB (global access) - (below_zero)
added control for Xmail configuration file POP3.IPMAP.TAB (per user basis) - (below_zero)
added control for Xmail configuration file FINGER.IPMAP.TAB (global access) - (below_zero)
added control for Xmail configuration file CTRL.IPMAP.TAB (global access) - (below_zero)
added ability to force a server global POP3 synchronization (below_zero)
added ability to show Xmail version after logged-in (below_zero)
added info about how & when Xmail server will apply the filters (below_zero)
improved safety in message logs: now it is in plain text (HTML tags are no more executed but shown in gray color) - (below_zero)
fixed empty fields of xmail variables bug in the config page (at first install of PHPXmail) - (below_zero)
fixed characters size & alignment bug (not uniform) in frozen msgs (below_zero)
improved details: umansized size of frozen msgs (below_zero)
fixed server filters null update (mancini)

2005-04-13
added check to avoid INDEX ERROR messages (below_zero)
added filters logs and psync logs (below_zero)
fixed phpxmail config submit bug (below_zero)
added MaxMessageSize format and prevented user deleting empty values (below_zero)
added config option to allow/disallow ADMIN info in login page (below_zero)
improved humansize() function (below_zero)
fixed and improved stats in userlist (below_zero)
added distinct icon and handling of catch-all alias (below_zero)
fixed updating filters without adding new one
added ability to create crossdomain aliases (arkadi)
PMEmail Poster
pierre-oord
Posted: Sep 20 2005, 12:55 PM
Quote Post

mancini

I upgraded my 0.8 version (or better, just installed this new version in a fresh directory).

I found a bug in the new version:

Reproduce: Go to domains. Click a domain. Then click an user.
Change the "tab" to for example aliases. You won't find anything there. Look at which the link points to...

For example, the POP3 link in the old version is:
http://phpxmail.flexbouncer.com/main.php?a...name=postmaster

New version:
http://phpxmail2.flexbouncer.com/main.php?...s.net&username=

You see: The username is missing. No tabs will work there. Think somewhere just misses an variable smile.gif maybe you can fix it!
PMEmail Poster
mancini
Posted: Sep 23 2005, 10:06 AM
Quote Post

yes we are aware of this as it was allready reported and will be fixed in the next release , untill then just set php globals on and you will not have this problem
PMEmail Poster
pierre-oord
Posted: Sep 23 2005, 05:58 PM
Quote Post

I guess the coded has been tested for register_globals, I checked some things, but are you sure their aren't any security leaks? On the session help page on php.net I found it was also possible to inject session variables if register_globals is turned on... I tried a few things without succes, but I don't enable it for now. Or are their security problems found in de 0.8 version?
PMEmail Poster
pierre-oord
Posted: Nov 6 2005, 03:21 PM
Quote Post

I noticed 1.4 was out. Just installed it, but found a few strange things:

- Server filters > click files list
I get there some:
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /www/vhosts/flexbouncer.com/phpxmail2/server/filterlist.inc on line 16

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /www/vhosts/flexbouncer.com/phpxmail2/server/filterlist.inc on line 16

Good things I found:
- Last access time
- Allow/deny pop acces per user (I don't use it but it's cool)
- maxalias/maxusers
- Very cool server log view!
- All other things seems to have been fixed!

So thank you for maintaining/updating this very nice frontend. It makes life so much easier wink.gif
PMEmail Poster
tau.zero
Posted: Nov 17 2005, 12:23 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 1821

huh.gif
Ciao, Pierre.

I'm a developer of PHPXmail and I was not able to obtain the same warning on my test PC (probably it's due to different settings)... so I'm trying to guess.

May you help me and try to use the file in attachment and le me to know what happen?

If it will fix the problem I will commit the file in CVS for the next release.

Thank you.

Attached File ( Number of downloads: 823 )
Attached File  filterlist.zip
PMEmail Poster
pierre-oord
Posted: Nov 25 2005, 05:18 PM
Quote Post

SOrry for my late reply!

I used your attached file and it works! No more errors are displayed, i see the .tab files and I can open them. Great work!
PMEmail Poster
tau.zero
Posted: Nov 25 2005, 05:49 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 1821

Ok.
Thank you very much for your support wink.gif

The fix will be available in the next 1.5 version.

Ciao!

PMEmail Poster
ndoeberlein
Posted: Jul 17 2006, 04:19 PM
Quote Post

Wizard

Member No.: 997

Is 1.5 ever going to happen?
PM
godlike
Posted: Mar 6 2007, 01:49 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 2456

Hey I just wanted to say good work I love phpxmail it rocks wink.gif
PMEmail Poster
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Webmail Add-ons | Next Newest »

Reply to this topicStart new topic