XMailforum is a readonly knowledge archive now.

Registering as a new user or answering posts is not possible anymore.

Might the force be with you, to find here what you are looking for.

2019-09-20 - hschneider, Admin

Cookie Disclaimer: This forum uses only essential, anonymous session cookies (xmailforum*), nothing to be scared of.

XMail Forum -> XMail-WAI virtual path maps to another application

Reply to this topicStart new topic

> XMail-WAI virtual path maps to another application
ttoews
Posted: Mar 3 2004, 11:14 PM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 919

So when I install it I get the following message - The virtual path '/_include/ControlPageHeader.ascx' maps to another application, which is not allowed. I do some groups.googleing. and remove the slash. And it works. Sorta. Now I get the login screen but it looks pretty bad.

I do some more digging and remove the / from "/_gfx/screen.css". Things look much better but still missing graphics.

At this point I'm reluctant to continue. smile.gif

I did install it to a totally different directory than it was expecting. But I created a virtual directory pointing to the webcore directory.

Hmm, I see in the Documentation\default.htm it states
4. Copy all scripts to folder C:\InetPub\XMail-WAI.
Umm, what scripts? what is meant by the term scripts?

Thanks, Tony
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
steve4jobs
Posted: Mar 6 2004, 07:32 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 971

from the zip files that you downloaded, you have to copy all the files (the scripts) from the webcore folder, and put them in the location that your virtual folder in IIS points to.

so if you setup vfolder in iis named xmailwai, that is where you copy the scripts to

the problem you are having is that beginning slash tricks the application into looking for that file in the root folder of the web page so /Include means it is going to look in the folder of the first part of the url in your browser

http://localhost/xmailwai/

it's looking in localhost, and it should be looking in xmailwai
PMEmail Poster
ttoews
Posted: Mar 10 2004, 06:22 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 919

So what about all the subdirectories? Where do they go?

Anyhow I followed the instructions and now have the following error.

Server Error in '/webmail' Application.
Parser Error
Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: The virtual path '/_include/ControlPageHeader.ascx' maps to another application, which is not allowed.

Source Error:
Line 1: <%@ Register TagPrefix="my" TagName="ControlPageHeader" Src="/_include/ControlPageHeader.ascx" %>
Line 2: <%@ Register TagPrefix="my" TagName="ControlStatusBox" Src="/_include/ControlStatusBox.ascx" %>
Line 3: <%@ Page Language="vb" AutoEventWireup="false" Codebehind="Default.aspx.vb" Inherits="AltairCommunications.XMail.WAI.WebCore.PageDefault"%>

Source File: C:\Inetpub\xmailwai\Default.aspx Line: 1
kinsey
Posted: Dec 29 2005, 02:45 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 1679

If you look in the documentation it states that xmail-wai cannot be installed in a vfolder, but has to be installed in its own site.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Webmail Add-ons | Next Newest »

Reply to this topicStart new topic