XMailforum is a readonly knowledge archive now.

Registering as a new user or answering posts is not possible anymore.

Might the force be with you, to find here what you are looking for.

2019-09-20 - hschneider, Admin

Cookie Disclaimer: This forum uses only essential, anonymous session cookies (xmailforum*), nothing to be scared of.

XMail Forum -> Mail Receiving Problem

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Mail Receiving Problem, Some Mails just don't come in.
nuclearping
Posted: May 4 2010, 02:19 AM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 3340

Hello there!

Since a while I'm experiencing a strange behavior with my XMail 1.24 server, running on Win32.

Usually I get all eMails people send to me, especially customers. I also get alot of spam. So XMail is definitly working, everything seems ok and I'm satisfied.

But there are cases where I just don't receive the eMail I'm waiting for. Usually from internet forums. This happened again two times in the last days.

Case 1: Experts-Exchange.com Forum.
I used the "Forgot password" function for two eMail accounts (both on the same server) on Thursday last week. Until today I never received any eMail.
Just tried it again yesterday afternoon. Still no eMail(s) received from Experts-Exchange.com.

I already used this function once a while ago. The eMail came in after ~2 hours. But now, nothing ...

Case 2: New User Registration in another Forum
About 1 hour ago I successfully registered at another forum. After the registration the forum said an eMail was sent with an activation link.

Until now I didn't get any eMail from them ... The eMail address I provided was correct.

I use K9 AntiSpam proxy for my Thunderbird. In both cases I double and tripple checked and searched the spam folder but there was nothing.

Is this behavior somehow known?

Just to be curious, I used the "Forgot password" function from this forum and I immediately received the eMail with the confirmation link.

Is it possible that this is no XMail related problem but a problem of the sending mail server?

Thanks for your participation!

[Edit]

I just re-registered at the forum with another eMail adress (hotmail) and immediately got the confirmation eMail. Maybe this is a XMail server problem after all?
PMEmail Poster
nuclearping
Posted: May 28 2010, 05:38 PM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 3340

Ok. Looks like I found the cause and solution.

http://xmailforum.homelinux.net/index.php?showtopic=3634

Now it works. Just re-ordered the forgotten password for Experts-Exchange.com and it immediately arrived. w00t.gif
PMEmail Poster
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | XMail Server | Next Newest »

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll