XMailforum is a readonly knowledge archive now.

Registering as a new user or answering posts is not possible anymore.

Might the force be with you, to find here what you are looking for.

2019-09-20 - hschneider, Admin

Cookie Disclaimer: This forum uses only essential, anonymous session cookies (xmailforum*), nothing to be scared of.

XMail Forum -> XQM Agent on WIN 2K with two IP's

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> XQM Agent on WIN 2K with two IP's, What if your WIN 2K server has two IP's
lonnies
Posted: Sep 1 2005, 08:40 AM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 1745

I've ran the XQM/XQM Agent before on a WIN 2K box, and it ran fine. That was a few months ago.

I've since built a new XMail server on another WIN 2K Server (SP4). This server has one NIC, but two IP addresses on it. The registry takes care of setting XMail service on the right IP - sending and receiving email works flawlessly. After installing the agent, and attempting to start the service - I get an error in the Application Log/Event Viewer that reads something like:

The description for Event ID ( 3 ) in Source ( xqmagentwin ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event:  File "win32serviceutil.pyo", line 670, in SvcRun
  File "__service__.pyo", line 74, in SvcDoRun
  File "agent.pyo", line 322, in process_dynamic
  File "SocketServer.pyo", line 220, in handle_request
  File "rpcserver.pyo", line 92, in verify_request
  File "netlib.pyo", line 23, in cmp_ip

Previous posts suggest that an error like this indicates a failure of the agent in it's attempt to find the xmail service.

Other than the queue mgr, the server works fine. I've tripple-checked the .conf files, allowed hosts, ports, etc. The agent service tries to start, then dies.

Any advice?
PMEmail Poster
hschneider
Posted: Sep 1 2005, 01:06 PM
Quote Post

No - I'm not an answering script ...
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 195

Looks like a problem in parsing an IP address. Check the .conf file for IP addresses with wildcards. A valid abbreviation is e.g. 192.168.*.* but NOT 192.168.* It always needs 4 dots in an IP address.

--------------------
Bye,
Harald

-- Download XMail Queue Manager 1.46 NOW: XMail Server Tools
-- Cross platform remote queue management!
-- Message analyzing on the fly!
-- Builtin diagnostics knowledge base!
-- Manages multiple mail queues!

Sponsored by
CD-Produktion und DVD-Produktion and Homestaging Saarland - Immobilien schneller verkaufen in der Region Saarland, Rheinland-Pfalz und Luxembourg
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | XMail Queue Manager | Next Newest »

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll