XMailforum is a readonly knowledge archive now.

Registering as a new user or answering posts is not possible anymore.

Might the force be with you, to find here what you are looking for.

2019-09-20 - hschneider, Admin

Cookie Disclaimer: This forum uses only essential, anonymous session cookies (xmailforum*), nothing to be scared of.

XMail Forum -> Change Port

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Change Port, How can i change port 50025 to 25
kap
Posted: Apr 16 2009, 05:38 PM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 3248

Hi

How can i change port from 50025 to 25 on my qnap ts-639 nas with xdove and xmail. in the setup off xdove it seems that i can change the port, but it has no effect. if i telnet port 25 i get Connection refused, if i telnet 50025 i get the normal xmail server. i have forward both port 25 and 50025 to my nas server....?
PMEmail Poster
kap
Posted: Apr 21 2009, 05:47 AM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 3248

QUOTE (kap @ Apr 16 2009, 05:38 PM)
Hi

How can i change port from 50025 to 25 on my qnap ts-639 nas with xdove and xmail. in the setup off xdove it seems that i can change the port, but it has no effect. if i telnet port 25 i get Connection refused, if i telnet 50025 i get the normal xmail server. i have forward both port 25 and 50025 to my nas server....?

I have tryed to follow this on:http://forum.qnap.com/viewtopic.php?f=143&t=11931

1. Fix the file "cmdline" in the directory: <your QPKG location>.qpkg/XDove/xmail/etc/xmail
cd /share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/.qpkg/XDove/xmail/etc/xmail (or your own QPKG location)
cp cmdline cmdline_org
cat "-X- -B- -Mr 24 -SX 2 -Qn 1 -Yt 1 -Yi 120 -Ln 1 -PX 1 -CX 2 -Ph -Ql -Sl -Pl -Yl -Fl -Cl -Ll -Cp 6017 -Sp 25 -Pp 110 -Fp 79" > cmdline

2. Fix the xmail.conf. It does not use a proper change uid utility to start XMail and that is why it can only connect to a high port. It should have used the standard available /sbin/daemon_mgr instead of their own utility in the bin-utils directory

Replace in the start section (don't forget to back up the script):
"${QPKG_DIR}/bin-utils/start-stop-daemon" --chuid xmail --start --exec $XMAIL_DAEMON
with
/sbin/daemon_mgr xmail start $XMAIL_DAEMON
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But it gave me at server error every 30 sek, saying "Re-launch process [xmail]."

Im aware that this is not a Qnap forum, but if someone can help please do?

Regards
Karsten
PMEmail Poster
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | XMail Server | Next Newest »

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll