XMailforum is a readonly knowledge archive now.

Registering as a new user or answering posts is not possible anymore.

Might the force be with you, to find here what you are looking for.

2019-09-20 - hschneider, Admin

Cookie Disclaimer: This forum uses only essential, anonymous session cookies (xmailforum*), nothing to be scared of.

XMail Forum -> Xmail As Testing Smtp Server?

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Xmail As Testing Smtp Server?, How can I configure XMail as test server
rabel
Posted: Dec 22 2011, 04:22 PM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 592

I'd like to use a new instance of XMail as a testing SMTP server that does not actually send outgoing e-mails to anyone. I have an app that sends outgoing e-mails to people and I'd like the app to be able to send outgoing emails to an SMTP server but not have the emails actually go out to anyone. I can look at log files to verify if the proper emails are being sent or look at the email files themselves to verify content.

The TO addresses are from a multitude of domains so I'd like to be able to configure XMail somehow where I don't need to specify individual domains, just configure it so that it never sends anything out. Has anyone done this?

Yes, I realize this forum is sparsely populated but I'm having a hard time googling a solution to this problem. Seems like everyone who has an SMTP server that isn't sending outgoing e-mails wants to "fix" it so it does! happy.gif
PMEmail Poster
Sob
Posted: Dec 25 2011, 12:24 AM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 2881

I didn't test it, but it should be very easy. XMail can filter outgoing messages (using filters.out.tab, details are described in manual), so if you set up some "catch all" one:
CODE
"*" "*" "0.0.0.0/0" "0.0.0.0/0" "rejectall.tab"

... then you need just some simple rejecting script/program. As you don't need to do any processing at all, even this should be enough:
CODE
#!/usr/bin/perl
exit(5);

PMEmail Poster
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | XMail Server | Next Newest »

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll