XMailforum is a readonly knowledge archive now.

Registering as a new user or answering posts is not possible anymore.

Might the force be with you, to find here what you are looking for.

2019-09-20 - hschneider, Admin

Cookie Disclaimer: This forum uses only essential, anonymous session cookies (xmailforum*), nothing to be scared of.

XMail Forum -> Uebimiau Send Problem

Reply to this topicStart new topic

> Uebimiau Send Problem
hkelmo214
Posted: Feb 1 2005, 12:36 AM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 1048

i've using uebimiau without any problems until today i've changed my ip address and it stops working properly. I can receive email, but i can't send out emails. The following is the erro message

fsockopen(): unable to connect to mail.mydomain.net:25 in /home/mydomain.net/public_html/webmail/inc/class.smtp.php on line 534

I've basically added a firewall/iptables on the linux box rather using an external firewall. However, i can send and receive email using outlook without any problems.

i can telnet to my linux box port 25 and port 110 without any problems, but i can't telnet localhost 25 (110 is okay). I've bind port 25 and 587 on Xmail Cmd_line, and i don't know whether this would cause any problems to that.

any help would be appreicated.

thanks
PMEmail Poster
atomant
Posted: Feb 1 2005, 09:57 AM
Quote Post

No - I'm not an answering script ...
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 427

Restart dns service. There is still old IP/domain in the memory. Maybe also to restart httpd server.

--------------------
Bye,
Sasa

-------------------------------------------------------------------

All electric machines work on smoke...when the smoke escape from machines, they don't work anymore
Windows: "Where do you want to go today?"
Linux: "Where do you want to go tomorrow?"
FreeBSD: "Are you guys coming or what?"
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteICQ
hkelmo214
Posted: Feb 1 2005, 06:20 PM
Quote Post

i've not hosting any dns server on my linux box, so i can't restart the server. I've tried restarting the httpd server, but it's still the same. Any idea?
PMEmail Poster
hkelmo214
Posted: Feb 1 2005, 08:58 PM
Quote Post

i've finally found the problem, and it's related to binding. i've initally binding just my private ip:port like -SI 192.168.1.1:25 -SI 192.168.1.1:587 , but it didn't include -SI localhost:25 and -SI localhost: 587. BY adding that to the port binding on the cmd_line seems to be solving the problem.

thanks for everyone who contribute to this forum.
PMEmail Poster
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Webmail Add-ons | Next Newest »

Reply to this topicStart new topic