XMailforum is a readonly knowledge archive now.

Registering as a new user or answering posts is not possible anymore.

Might the force be with you, to find here what you are looking for.

2019-09-20 - hschneider, Admin

Cookie Disclaimer: This forum uses only essential, anonymous session cookies (xmailforum*), nothing to be scared of.

XMail Forum -> I must be a git...

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> I must be a git...
maanku
Posted: Oct 2 2001, 03:50 AM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 75

NOTE: There is an ENTER after each typed line in this telnet example.

telnet localhost 25
HELO 4k.com
MAIL FROM:<matthewkurowski@hotmail.com>
RCPT TO:<matthew@kurowski.org>
DATA
Subject: test message
<Enter key pressed>
<Enter key pressed>
This is a test message
<Enter key pressed>
QUIT

No errors and everyone looks great. Nothing ever goes anywhere to either account specified.

I setup my local email programs on the same Windows 2000 laptop to use localhost, 127.0.0.1, it's local FQDN and the email always goes into my Sent Items or Sent folder but the mail never is received anywhere and I get no error msgs.

I was pretty sure I configured everything per the docs. For kicks, I reinstalled with the Installer and used the Administrator and the same tests with the same results.

Basically, I'm just trying to have an agent to send email regardless of where my laptop is plugged in without having to rely on outside servers or enabling relaying on my public servers.

Thanks in advance.

Matthew
PMICQAOL
maanku
Posted: Oct 2 2001, 04:50 AM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 75

Hmmm. I think it works perfectly maybe... my hotel blocks smtp so I guess an smtp to smtp connection would fail...

Does anyone else agree? I'm in NY working on the post WTC disaster but should be able to test it at home soon.

Very nice product and easy to configure and very expandable. I hope I'm right and that it's just the firewall that has been messing with me this whole time. (The hotel blocks alot of protocols and I don't have time to set this up remotely to test).

...I really would've expected to see some error though - very odd... no program including the sendmail.exe displayed anything about not connecting...

Thanks again - any input appreciated.

Matthew

PMICQAOL
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | XMail Server | Next Newest »

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll