XMailforum is a readonly knowledge archive now.

Registering as a new user or answering posts is not possible anymore.

Might the force be with you, to find here what you are looking for.

2019-09-20 - hschneider, Admin

Cookie Disclaimer: This forum uses only essential, anonymous session cookies (xmailforum*), nothing to be scared of.

XMail Forum -> Who Uses Smartpost As A Client Front End?

Reply to this topicStart new topic

> Who Uses Smartpost As A Client Front End?, Need a little help.
Fruitloopmonster
Posted: Aug 19 2004, 05:11 AM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 1240

Hey I have an okay understanding of Linux and how things work, I have Xmail installed and working as well as smartpost. I am getting some errors and funny things going on in smartpost. If anyone can help me or get me to someone that can that would be great. I am having issue with sending emails with attachments from the web interface, also with the send to whole domain function in the domain admin. Anyone that could give me a hand with this that would be great. I would like to use this in a production server but I need to get the kinks worked out first.
PMEmail Poster
wolf8769
  Posted: Nov 30 2004, 03:56 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 1407

Love the name, fruitloopmonster! I'm a Fruit Loop fan myself. I don't have any help to offer you unfortunately, but I'm wondering what your experience has been with XMail & Smartpost. I'm now in a similar situation where you were back in August, except I haven't installed smartpost yet. I have XMail installed and mostly working (have one issue). I installed UMPL to be my web administration and webmail front end. However, I'm not happy with UMPL so far. Like you mention with Smartpost, I'm experiencing a lot of little issues with UMPL. After reviewing Smartpost, it seems to offer what UMPL does, but with more features and in a better looking GUI. (UMPL looks nice, too.)

Right now, my concerns with Smartpost are #1) It appears the latest version was released Feb 23, 2004. That makes me wonder how active the development is now and will be in the future. #2) There is a fairly active XMail community on this forum, but I don't see much about people using Smartpost. From the products I've researched, Smartpost seems to standout as the top choice. (I'm basing this on features and graphic design -- which for a client webmail front end is very important to me.) So where are the users? Case in point--until this post, nobody even replied to your post!

Like you were, I'm working to get a complete virtual hosting system worked out, and a total email solution is a big part of that.
PMEmail PosterMSN
atomant
Posted: Nov 30 2004, 03:59 PM
Quote Post

No - I'm not an answering script ...
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 427

Looks like the author doesn't check out this forum. I will invite him to do so.

--------------------
Bye,
Sasa

-------------------------------------------------------------------

All electric machines work on smoke...when the smoke escape from machines, they don't work anymore
Windows: "Where do you want to go today?"
Linux: "Where do you want to go tomorrow?"
FreeBSD: "Are you guys coming or what?"
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteICQ
morcom
Posted: Dec 1 2004, 09:44 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 1411

Hello!

I'm using smartpost ast the production server. It's works stable....

Pls write what kind of problems do you have.
Maybe I will able to help you.

Mike
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
elevated
Posted: Dec 29 2004, 08:45 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 1248

QUOTE (morcom @ Dec 1 2004, 09:44 AM)
I'm using smartpost ast the production server. It's works stable....

Which version of Courier-Imap are you using right now. I had 3.0.8 however since I'm switching to a new server, i'm having a problem finding a working patch for this version again.

Plus I lost my RPM files I built, if you have that patch could you tell me where I could snag it from. Thanks.
PMEmail Poster
wolf8769
  Posted: Dec 29 2004, 09:33 PM
Quote Post

I just wanted to follow up with the final solution I ended up with. I had 2 needs that I was trying to use UMPL or Smartpost to solve.

1. XMail administration tool to add domains, accounts, aliases, redirects, change account passwords, etc.
2. Webmail interface for clients.

I ended up using the xmail function library from the UMPL source. I modified a few things in it and wrote my own PHP GUI that integrates with my hosting controlpanel. For webmail, I spent about $120.00 to purchase a brandable license of DWMail. It was a one-time cost that was definitely money well spent! The interface is fast and one of the sharpest I've seen in the webmail arena.
http://www.dominion-web.com/products/dwmail/
You can actually use DWMail for free and without installing anything on your server using this link: http://www.dwmail.net/. I chose to purchase a brandable license so I could put my logo in the interface. (http://mail.shinysolutions.com is my xmail web interface.)

KUDOS to Davide Libenzi! I have been very pleased with the installation, configuration, and performance. XMail's command service offers a lot of flexibility to create custom admin interfaces. Thanks, Davide! Davide, may I suggest you add a PayPal Donation button on your home page and xmailserver.org? I for one, do not mind sending a little cash to developers of software that makes my life easier, better, and/or more profitable.

PMEmail PosterMSN
elevated
Posted: Dec 30 2004, 05:58 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 1248

I've had this darn thing working twice before, and each time I have more problems than the last time. Right now, I input the correct username and passwords for all 3 areas of the web interface. All it does is reload the page. If I enter the wrong info in any area, it tells me I enter something wrong.

PMEmail Poster
wolf8769
Posted: Dec 30 2004, 06:17 AM
Quote Post

elevated, I'm not sure exactly what web interface you are referring to. Were you trying to log into DWMail? Or your own Smartpost? Or something else?

If you were referring to DWMail, then try the "advanced" login. If you correctly enter a username, password, and mail server for a working email account on any server, it should work. In other words, if you can log in using Outlook or Outlook Express, or any standard email client, then you can login using the DWMail interface.
PMEmail PosterMSN
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Webmail Add-ons | Next Newest »

Reply to this topicStart new topic