XMailforum is a readonly knowledge archive now.

Registering as a new user or answering posts is not possible anymore.

Might the force be with you, to find here what you are looking for.

2019-09-20 - hschneider, Admin

Cookie Disclaimer: This forum uses only essential, anonymous session cookies (xmailforum*), nothing to be scared of.

XMail Forum -> One External Pop3 Box, Distributing To Entire Doma

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> One External Pop3 Box, Distributing To Entire Doma, Moving from Mercury ...
nudelooney
Posted: Jul 25 2009, 11:36 AM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 3343

Morning everyone!

I am just in the process of testing out an XMail server as a replacement for an elderly Windows box running Mercury. It's for a charity office - about a dozen mailboxes, and a requirement for IMAP and better mailing list support.

So far, I'm loving xmail! Installation has been pleasantly surprising, and I've installed phpxmail for web-based administration.

I've created half-a-dozen users and been bouncing e-mails between them with Thunderbird. My next step is to have xmail pull mails from the ISPs proper POP3 box, and distribute them to the users.

It seems that external POP3 boxes are done on a per-user basis. But I have just one external POP3 box, which contains the waiting e-mails for everyone. How do I configure it so that the external box is synced on a regular basis and then distributed to my local users? So that e-mails addressed to dave@ go to the local user "dave", bob@ goes to "bob", and so on?

Many thanks for any help!

And then ... on to IMAP support ...

All the best,

Kris
PMEmail Poster
jank
Posted: Jul 29 2009, 05:19 PM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 942

Open "server.tab" file and edit "FetchHdrTags" entry. This entry sets the list of mail header elements which will be used to extract addresses from POP3 downloaded messages. You can use "+" character to stop parsing other header elements.

CODE
"FetchHdrTags" [TAB] "+Received,To,Cc"

Open "pop3links.tab" and edit its content. Content of this file is very well described in the manual http://www.xmailserver.org/Readme.html (part POP3LINKS.TAB).

CODE
"local-domain" [TAB] "local-account" [TAB] "external-domain" [TAB] "external-account" [TAB] "external-crypted-password" [TAB] "authtype"

eg. we use following pop3links.tab

CODE
"?ourdomain,ourdomain" [TAB] "" [TAB] "mail.ourdomain.net" [TAB] "login@to.our.isp.mailbox" [TAB] "17...(encrypted password)" [TAB] "APOP"

PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | XMail Server | Next Newest »

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll