XMailforum is a readonly knowledge archive now.

Registering as a new user or answering posts is not possible anymore.

Might the force be with you, to find here what you are looking for.

2019-09-20 - hschneider, Admin

Cookie Disclaimer: This forum uses only essential, anonymous session cookies (xmailforum*), nothing to be scared of.

XMail Forum -> Xmail Not Delivering Mail Or Sending Mail

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Xmail Not Delivering Mail Or Sending Mail, Debug mode looks good but not working
niss
Posted: Nov 2 2009, 08:43 PM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 2612

Greetings:

I am running XMail 1.24 on Fedora kernel 2.6.22 and running into a strange issue. Up until October 31st all mail worked fine, however, over the weekend the XMail server stopped delivering or sending mail. Outlook clients recieve no messages, but following the logs it shows that each message was successfully delivered.

I tried using telnet to send an e-mail to myself and it appeared to go through fine, even to the point of showing RCPT=OK in the logs, but the e-mail never came through for some reason. I then used telnet to enter the POP3 queue and it does not show any mail queued except messages that entered the queue prior to Saturday evening.

I killed XMail and restarted in debug mode, but no output showed that anything was out of line or malfunctioning. It appeared to be working normally. I deleted the spool folder and created a new one, then let XMail run with the new queue folder, thinking that something was stuck causing it not to deliver anything, but it has made no difference.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to solve this problem? The users are starting to get pretty aggressive and I am at a loss as to what to do.

Thanks!
PMEmail Poster
Boboga
Posted: Nov 4 2009, 09:47 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 1607

I have exactly the same problem, all logs look ok, mail is still being accepted, but it's not being delivered to the mailboxes.

Where can I find my version?
PMEmail Poster
Boboga
Posted: Nov 5 2009, 07:06 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 1607

Couple of hours later.. Disabled all the incoming mail filters and it started working again.

Old mails are still invisible, also they are not in my Maildir folder.

I think F-Prot is causing these problems. Anyone knows where i should find unscanned) mails?

CODE

server:/usr/local/f-prot# ./f-prot
The SIGN.DEF file is too old to be of use.  It will probably only
detect a fraction of the viruses that exist today.

Please obtain and install an up-to-date version.

CODE

server:/usr/local/f-prot/tools# ./check-updates.pl
Server error on remote machine.
Fatal error. Exiting...
PMEmail Poster
hschneider
Posted: Nov 5 2009, 08:17 AM
Quote Post

No - I'm not an answering script ...
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 195

Then it should be enough to disable fprot. I cannot imagine anything in XMail's code which dies after Oct 31.

--------------------
Bye,
Harald

-- Download XMail Queue Manager 1.46 NOW: XMail Server Tools
-- Cross platform remote queue management!
-- Message analyzing on the fly!
-- Builtin diagnostics knowledge base!
-- Manages multiple mail queues!

Sponsored by
CD-Produktion und DVD-Produktion and Homestaging Saarland - Immobilien schneller verkaufen in der Region Saarland, Rheinland-Pfalz und Luxembourg
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | XMail Server | Next Newest »

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll