XMailforum is a readonly knowledge archive now.

Registering as a new user or answering posts is not possible anymore.

Might the force be with you, to find here what you are looking for.

2019-09-20 - hschneider, Admin

Cookie Disclaimer: This forum uses only essential, anonymous session cookies (xmailforum*), nothing to be scared of.

XMail Forum -> Can Send But Not Receive Emails

Closed TopicStart new topicStart Poll

> Can Send But Not Receive Emails, Troubleshooting a XMail Server Issue
Symplegades
Posted: Aug 10 2009, 11:38 AM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 3362

Hello

As the title suggests I am having a great deal of trouble trying to solve the mystery of why I can send emails via Uebimiau and RoundCube installed on the XMail Server, but neither Uebimiau nor RoundCube can receive emails.

Unfortunately, I am neither receiving any error messages from Uebimiau or RoundCube, nor am I receiving mail delivery failures from Mail or Yahoo, which I used to send test emails, so that leaves me in the dark somewhat.

I have checked whether my domain or my ISP block port 25 via "cmd" "telnet mail.domain.com 25" which they do not.

While the following ports have been forwarded: from 6017 to 6017, from 25 to 50025, from 110 to 50110, from 143 to 143 and from 79 to 50079 as per the setting up instructions.

Mail routing has been set up in my domain.

Under "server config" PHPXMail "EnableAuthSMTP-POP3" to the left of which is a green icon while to the right is the integer "1" and this I am assuming means SMTP & POP3 authentication is active.

So what gives?

I could really do with the help.

(OS X 10.4.11, XMail Server 1.24, PHPXMail 1.5, XP SP3)
PMEmail Poster
atomant
Posted: Aug 10 2009, 03:47 PM
Quote Post

No - I'm not an answering script ...
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 427

You could give us your domain name so we could test it.

Othervise check firewall on the server.

--------------------
Bye,
Sasa

-------------------------------------------------------------------

All electric machines work on smoke...when the smoke escape from machines, they don't work anymore
Windows: "Where do you want to go today?"
Linux: "Where do you want to go tomorrow?"
FreeBSD: "Are you guys coming or what?"
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteICQ
Symplegades
Posted: Aug 10 2009, 07:00 PM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 3362

Many thanks for the reply

I have just tried using SMTP Diagnostics via DynDNS site. At the bottom under Session Transcript it reads amongst other things "550 Relay deni [2406 ms]".

If this means 550 Relay Denied then I have read that I have to use my ISP's default SMPT gateway. I have tried to enter my ISP's default SMPT gateway into the field DefaultSMTPGateways under "server config" PHPXMail admin, but I get this error: Error saving config: -00010 Unable to create file.

So the first question is did I try the correct thing, and secondly, if so, how do I get it to save?

But in order to answer you request my domain name is xcv.dyndns.org.

Again thanks for the reply.

PMEmail Poster
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | XMail Server | Next Newest »

Closed TopicStart new topicStart Poll