XMailforum is a readonly knowledge archive now.

Registering as a new user or answering posts is not possible anymore.

Might the force be with you, to find here what you are looking for.

2019-09-20 - hschneider, Admin

Cookie Disclaimer: This forum uses only essential, anonymous session cookies (xmailforum*), nothing to be scared of.

XMail Forum -> Pop3 Locks

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Pop3 Locks, POP3 Locks
Andy
Posted: Apr 19 2011, 11:14 AM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 761

Hi,

The fact that only one POP connection is allowed at a time is causing me trouble with my customers. I know that Xmail is working according to the standards and this is not a bug.

Most people want to access their emails on several devices nowadays and without IMAP the only way is POP. My existing customers get round the problem by having several email accounts, one for each device and then forward the mail to each.

I would like a way to make Xmail accept multiple POP connections, I have seen another post where someone altered this and recompiled Xmail to do this but I haven't got the skills for this.

I was thinking along the lines of preventing the lock file being written or deleting it straight away... has anyone got a working solution to allow multiple POP connections?

Ideally it would be great to have a flag in the SERVER.TAB file so we can configure this but this would need to be done by Davide.

Andy.
PMEmail Poster
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | XMail Server | Next Newest »

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll