XMailforum is a readonly knowledge archive now.

Registering as a new user or answering posts is not possible anymore.

Might the force be with you, to find here what you are looking for.

2019-09-20 - hschneider, Admin

Cookie Disclaimer: This forum uses only essential, anonymous session cookies (xmailforum*), nothing to be scared of.

XMail Forum -> Xmail 1.22+WAI 4.4

Reply to this topicStart new topic

> Xmail 1.22+WAI 4.4, Couple of errors
admin0
Posted: Nov 19 2005, 05:33 PM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 1826

Hi. I am attempting to find an alternative to Exchange Server and Outlook Webmail. Xmail+WAI is the ticket! Great stuff you guys!

On my dev server I have:
Windows 2003 IIS6
Xmail 1.22
SA 3.10
WAI 4.4

Permissions are setup properly and I am able to login and create domains and add users using WAI.

But, when I click on Address Book in the main navigation, I receive the following error: (note: mydomain.com is a substitution)

Server Error in '/' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Could not find a part of the path "D:\Inetpub\MailRoot\domains\mydomain.com\postmaster\x-wai\addressbook.xml".
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path "D:\Inetpub\MailRoot\domains\mydomain.com\postmaster\x-wai\addressbook.xml".

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below. 

Stack Trace:

[DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path "D:\Inetpub\MailRoot\domains\mydomain.com\postmaster\x-wai\addressbook.xml".]
  System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String str) +287
  System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean useAsync, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy) +888
  System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share) +45
  System.Xml.XmlDocument.Save(String filename) +91
  AltairCommunications.XMail.WAI.WebCore.PageWebmailAddressBook.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
  System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +67
  System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +35
  System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +750

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2300; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2300

Also when I attempt to change anything in the profile settings, I receive this error:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Could not find a part of the path "D:\".
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path "D:\".

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below. 

Stack Trace:

[DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path "D:\".]
  System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String str) +287
  System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectory(String fullPath, String path) +489
  System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory(String path) +195
  AltairCommunications.XMail.WAI.WebCore.PageCommonProfile.cmdSave_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
  System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) +108
  System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +57
  System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +18
  System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +33
  System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +1292

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2300; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2300

I have went over the installation/configuration instructions several times and I can not seem to find the problem there. I do know that in the first case with the AddressBook that there is no such directory/file as [userbox]\x-wai\addressbook.xml. I did decide to create the directory manually, as well as a blank text file renamed 'addressbook.xml' and was able to bypass the error but will not allow me to add anything...it just ignores my form entry and displays a blank form again.

Have I misconfigured something obvious? I hope so. :/

Sorry for the long post, just wanted to be as detailed as possible. If you require more information I will be glad to provide.

Thanks again. :)
PM
admin0
Posted: Nov 22 2005, 05:12 AM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 1826

Not as feature rich but error free is jmailbox. Just have to find w3Jmail v4.2 personal or higher version of profesisonal if you want to use.

I am still interested in WAI. If anyone has any suggestions or need more information then I will be glad to give it to you. I did notice that the mainpage for WAI has xmail 1.17 listed. Should I install this version instead? Seems backwards.

Xmail has been rock solid in our testing so far. The tiny resource footprint on the server is incredible under very heavy loads. It is worth giving up Exchange just for that. Again thanks!

-admin0
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Webmail Add-ons | Next Newest »

Reply to this topicStart new topic