XMailforum is a readonly knowledge archive now.

Registering as a new user or answering posts is not possible anymore.

Might the force be with you, to find here what you are looking for.

2019-09-20 - hschneider, Admin

Cookie Disclaimer: This forum uses only essential, anonymous session cookies (xmailforum*), nothing to be scared of.

XMail Forum -> SmartPost Imap error

Reply to this topicStart new topic

> SmartPost Imap error, Errors when using smartpost to imap
Fruitloopmonster
Posted: Jul 26 2004, 07:27 PM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 1240

I have installed Smartpost and it works for administering the xmail server but when i try to logon as a user I get cannot connect to IMAP server.
I can telnet to my IMAP server on 143 and it appears to work. The instructions are a little vauge when it comes to setup of the IMAP server. If anyone can help me out that would be great.
PMEmail Poster
bdilks
Posted: Jul 29 2004, 01:55 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 1183

What IMAP server are you using?

If courier, did you install the latest or the one they have linked from smartpost website? Are you running the authdaemon first? Can you use an imap client to actually authenticate? Maybe the IMAP server is running (so you can telnet to it) but the auths are failing?

After installing and uninstalling so many times on my own server, I finally uninstalled and rebooted. After the boot, installed and the authentication started working good. (I hate to reboot, but was more mad it wasn't working)

I edited the xmail script in init.d. in the start procedure added:

/usr/lib/courier-imap/libexec/imapd.rc start

I also added the stop respectively in the stop procedure.

Their imapd.rc script schecks if the authdaemon is running or not.

Hope this helps.
PMEmail Poster
Fruitloopmonster
Posted: Aug 18 2004, 03:41 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 1240

I have it all working its pretty cool so far, I really like the interface and the options that Smartpost has. I belive the bigest issue I had was that Courier-Imap has a bug that can cause Authdeamon not to work. I am working on a detailed how to, using Binarys and setup from scrach using current releases of software. I hope to have time to finish it in the next few days.
PMEmail Poster
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Webmail Add-ons | Next Newest »

Reply to this topicStart new topic