XMailforum is a readonly knowledge archive now.

Registering as a new user or answering posts is not possible anymore.

Might the force be with you, to find here what you are looking for.

2019-09-20 - hschneider, Admin

Cookie Disclaimer: This forum uses only essential, anonymous session cookies (xmailforum*), nothing to be scared of.

XMail Forum -> Declare An Macos X Email Adress On Xmail

Reply to this topicStart new topic

> Declare An Macos X Email Adress On Xmail, declare an macOS X email adress on Xmail
gregmaster
Posted: Aug 14 2004, 10:27 AM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 1271

Hi everybody,
I got a serious problem with xmail. We're on windows 2000 server on our dedicate server and one of our post is a MAc OSX user. The problem come from the "pop3" : He cannot receive email but he can send email. So How can I declare the Mac os on X-mail ? -==please write simply, i'm french and don't have so much vocabulary..^_ ^==-
Greg, Webmaster@hawaiisurf.com
PMEmail Poster
bim
Posted: Aug 14 2004, 11:50 AM
Quote Post

Advanced Wizard

Member No.: 297

We might need more information about the error your MAX OS X user gets and what mail software he is using, but my guess would be that it is some sort of mail software that can't handle a @ in a username. While your normally would use the complete e-mail address as the username, now change the "@" to ":". So test@foo.com would have as a username test:foo.com
PM
gregmaster
Posted: Aug 14 2004, 12:30 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 1271

Hi,
Thanks for answer so quickly. There are in fact no error message, just : he can't receive his e-mails. But he can send e-mails. The problem come (according to me, but i'm a learner in server command) from the pop count (and its our server which send mail). I've try to send an e-mail to the owner of the count by his own email box : nothing receive...but the recipient in copy - me- had receive the mail.
that is why i believe i must configure X-mail for him, but i ain't got no id of what to do. The mailsoftware he use is "mail", running under Mac OS X.
Could you do something doc?
Greg
p.s: I've tryed to modify the user name with ":" and that don't change nothing.
PMEmail Poster
bim
Posted: Aug 14 2004, 02:21 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Wizard

Member No.: 297

I can't really follow. Please explain more clearly how everything is configure:

- Does the POP3 mailbox from your client reside on your dedicated server, using XMailserver?
- Via which mailserver do you and your client send the mails?
- Which domain name is your client using? This will let us check the settings. To which IP-address should the mail go for your client?
- Does XMailserver work for other accounts? I don't think Mac OS X will be the cause of this...
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Webmail Add-ons | Next Newest »

Reply to this topicStart new topic