XMailforum is a readonly knowledge archive now.

Registering as a new user or answering posts is not possible anymore.

Might the force be with you, to find here what you are looking for.

2019-09-20 - hschneider, Admin

Cookie Disclaimer: This forum uses only essential, anonymous session cookies (xmailforum*), nothing to be scared of.

XMail Forum -> Let user create account themselve

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Let user create account themselve, from a webpage, withoud need for admin
pierre-oord
  Posted: Jan 12 2004, 03:42 PM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 876

Hi,

First: I'm from the Netherlands, and not so good at the English language wink.gif

And now the real message:
I'm looking for a good mail server which support IMAP. Xmail doesn't (yet) but i probably will get it running with dbmail...

I even found a script which should make a user for Xmail & dbmail at the same time. Now i only need a script so that users can make an account themselves from the web. (>> They go to my website, click "make account", fill in passwd, username, full name etc click OK en voilá, they can login.)

I couldn't find a script for Xmail to make this work. I'm not a good programmer, but a can change some code.

Qmail did exactly what I want with the tool VQregister, but, my queue wouldn't empty itself anymore, even not after a reinstall. And omg, what a @#()@ work to get it all up and running; so much to patch add/change etc. I used Xmail for a few days before and liked that, i will now try again, IF there's a script that let users create an account themselves.

Thx [alvast?, don't know the English word for that wink.gif ]

PMEmail Poster
hschneider
Posted: Jan 12 2004, 07:12 PM
Quote Post

No - I'm not an answering script ...
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 195

There are PHP and Perl connectors to the CTRL interface, which allow to build a webform in one of these languages. I moved your message to the scripting corner here - maybe there is some custom solution out there.

--------------------
Bye,
Harald

-- Download XMail Queue Manager 1.46 NOW: XMail Server Tools
-- Cross platform remote queue management!
-- Message analyzing on the fly!
-- Builtin diagnostics knowledge base!
-- Manages multiple mail queues!

Sponsored by
CD-Produktion und DVD-Produktion and Homestaging Saarland - Immobilien schneller verkaufen in der Region Saarland, Rheinland-Pfalz und Luxembourg
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Scripting Corner | Next Newest »

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll